external firewire 800 disk enclosure "sleep with mavericks"

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by ssls6, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Does anyone have a brand/model of external FW800 3.5" HDD enclosure that actually sleeps properly with Mavericks?

I know my MacAlly units don't sleep correctly based on the pmset -a settings.

2. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

I think it's a Mavericks issue than a Firewire brand issue. All my FW drives slept fine under 10.85 and under 10.9, they never spin down even if ejected. And I have FW drives from OWC, WD, G Drive and LaCie. USB 2/3 spins down fine...

3. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

I spent hours researching for a way through with fw. Move back to usb or move forward to TB.

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

A Mavericks issue that is supposedly fixed in the 10.9.2 betas.

5. TheGraphicMac macrumors member

I'm somewhat glad I never bothered to invest in Firewire devices. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think Thunderbolt is going to have the same issues (no support, and nobody making devices).

6. blodyholy macrumors member

blodyholy

Has there been any confirmation of this? So far I haven't seen this issue addressed as a fix in 10.9.2 (From what I've read). I have a LaCie 2Big Quadra connected via FW800, would hate to have to have to switch to USB 2.0.

Thanks!

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Apple never lists more than a few major things in their descriptions of updates. The confirmation came from a user in one of the forum threads here on MR, regarding an earlier 10.9.2 build.