External Hard Drive Case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gator24765, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

I have a couple Western Digital external portable hard drives. I am wondering if any of you have found any cases that will hold multiple hard drives?

I have searches amazon, ebay etc and have only found case to hold a single hard drive..

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Most multi-bay solutions are for 3.5" drives. They should work though but you need holders for the 2.5" drives. Depends on how many you have but here is 4-bay solution. You could also just get a hard drive dock

3. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Thanks for the advice.. maybe i didnt put enough information in my posting.

The hard drives I have are portable usb 2.0 drives. The case im looking for is for protection when traveling etc.

Here are the hard drives i have

One is a 320, the other 500. They are both the same size. I would like to get one single case to safely hold both instead of having two separate cases

4. ilovebananas macrumors member

Ahh! Just realised you are in texas and I linked you to a uk website.
    Sorry about that. Now you know what to look for, I am sure there must be a distributor of this product in the US.

It is for times like this that Google was invented (or Yahoo, Bing.... whatever you prefer)

5. ilovebananas macrumors member

And finally I read your post properly and realise that I did not extract the correct information. You want a case to protect whilst in transit not a new fancy caddie!

I retire in shame, and beg you forgive the temerity of my previous posts!!

Adieu mon ami!

6. Gator24765 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

Lol no worries, I think it may be my fault as im not sure if I gave good enough information on the first post.