external hard drive with Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tadros86, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Tadros86 macrumors 6502

Tadros86

Ok, so I have a 320gb external hard drive, I have Tiger, Leopard and Windows XP. I run a studio and all my 3rd party outboard gear isn't up to date with Leopard as of yet, and I want to install and use Leopard and Windows. Windows you need bootcamp and I heard they don't have the beta anymore since leopard came out. So I was wondering, is there a way I can format my external drive to have 3 parts, one leopard, one windows, and one part to use it as a backup drive? I would also like to exchange information from tiger leopard and windows, is that possible some how? Any help would be great. Reason why I want this is, I run Logic Studio on my Macbook Pro and it takes up around 50 GB so to have windows on it too is just crazy, I want more space to move around with and since I use windows for games I figured the external would be best. Thanks!

2. isleofjib macrumors regular

as i understand it, the beta of bootcamp was discontinued because it is now included with leopard. so you should be good to go with bootcamp. also, i think leopard gives you the ability to partition and then change the sizes of the partitions later in a non-destructive way. so i think what you're wanting to do should be very easy with leopard.

not sure about exchanging stuff between the OS'es but i believe that is now possible as well with leopard. if i'm wrong, i'm sure someone will jump in to give you the correct info. :D