External Hard drive

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by richiepad11, Aug 9, 2008.

1. richiepad11 macrumors member

richiepad11

im looking for a small portable external hard drive. anywhere from 120-160 gigs and i wanna pay about 60-75 dollars. Im looking at the wd passport 120gigs and its about 70. is this a good buy, or is there anything better with more storage space for a cheaper price. thank you

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I have 2 passport 250s. They are great. You might consider a 250 for $99 on sale at bestbuy.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. skedealz macrumors member

go to amazon and look for the western digital 320gb passport
    i bought 3 of these, replaced my macbook pro's 120 with it, my moms macbook 80gb with it, and my dads hdd.

its a good idea to get an external hard drive since you can clone your hdd straight onto it and then swap it with the one inside your macbook with no probs at all. after you replace your old one with the new one, you can easilly put the old hd into the external set up and then snap it back into the case to use again later as an external drive. this passport can easilly be open then reassembled

5. LOAV macrumors newbie

I'm fairly sure you could find a 320 GB Western Digital My Book for $100. I got a 500GB WDMB for 120 a few months ago and it works great. I mostly just use it for movies and I hook it to my Xbox 360 and watch movies off of it. I really like it and have tons of space left on it. I'd go with a WD My Book.