external hard drive.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by most def, Dec 17, 2009.

1. most def macrumors newbie

hello, i have a macbook(4, 1) and i'm looking to buy an external hard drive because my itunes and movie libraries are taking up a lot of my HD on my macbook.

i was wondering if anyone could give me any recommendations on what would be a good buy, and is reliable. 500gigs-1tb is preferred.

thank you ahead of time, and happy holidays!

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

I like Seagate. I have one and it's great, the feel doesn't feel cheap nor does it scratch easily. I gotta 320gb, I'm gna get a 500gb soon or just upgrade my HD for my netbook.

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Posts that violate any of the forum rules should be reported to the forum moderators by clicking the Report Post icon [​IMG] on the bottom left of the offending post. You will be given a form in which to describe the problem.

Tips for reporting posts:

1. To report a problem with a thread, report any post in the thread.
    2. If you are unsure whether a post should be reported, report it anyway; the moderators will decide whether action needs to be taken.
    3. If you are reporting a duplicate thread, please provide a link to the previous thread.
    4. You will not receive a reply to a Post Report, but every report is reviewed. If you require a reply, use the Contact form.
    5. After reporting an offending post, avoid replying to it, so you don't give it more exposure or make more work for the moderators.
    Thank you to those who report posts needing moderator attention. Your work improves the quality of the forums.