External HD Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mx356, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mx356 macrumors member

Mx356

Whats up guys? I'm a new Macbook owner, purchased my first one about 3 weeks ago, and its awesome. Anyways I've been using my Western Digital MyBook that I used on my Dell Laptop, every since I first got the new Apple computer and it's been working fine. Well just recently it started not showing up when I plugged it into my Mac. I tried unplugging it, reseting it, trying the other firewire port and everything and still no luck. Has anyone had any trouble like this and if so what do I need to do to fix it.

Thanks a lot guys

2. Logos327 macrumors 6502

I am in the market for an external HD and have strayed away from the WD MyBooks because I have heard there is a tendency for them to crash.

How old is your WD MyBook?

I would try plugging it into another computer (Mac or PC) to see if it is your computer or the HD

3. Mx356 thread starter macrumors member

Mx356

I'd say its probably close to 2 years old. I'm upgrading tomorrow to a terabit since I've ran out of room on this one cause of my videos. I've had no trouble until now with my Western Digital products and would strongly recommend them.

4. Mx356 thread starter macrumors member

Mx356

Well I restarted my computer and now its recognizing it. I'm not sure why it was doing that but now its ripping again.