External HD won't mount on OS X side but does so with MacDrive

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Optimus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Optimus macrumors newbie

Hi to all,

I recently Installed Windowns on my MBP via boot camp and I also installed a MacDrive 5 day trial version so I could move some files from the external (1Tb WD My book pro) to the windows side.

Everything went smoothly and then after my file transfers on the windows side, then in a hurry I just unplugged the firewire cable and shut the mac down.

Now when I start up in OS X the drive doesn't mount. I starts up ok and then the only thing I see is a task called "fsck_hfs" eating up my CPU and memory.

The drive works fine in windows with Macdrive so it's not a HD failure because all of my files are still there and usable, It's jut that Leopard can't see the darn thing.

So how could I get Leopard to see the HD again without re-formating and losing all my files on it?:confused:

2. Optimus thread starter macrumors newbie

Could the mod's move this to Mac Peripherals please. Don't want to double post and my problem with the HD is more related to that category.

p.s. Going to try DiskWarrior today.

3. Optimus thread starter macrumors newbie

I ran DiskWarrior (v 4.1.1) twice today. The first time it crashed OS X and I had to reboot and the second time it also crashed OS X but it was able to rebuild my external HD before that. The HD now mounts and no files were lost :)