Hello Everyone, Im in the market for purchasing a new iMac, the Late 2013 Model or the Retina Model, i have yet to decide, and keep jumping between the two. I have been reading this forum now for well over 5 months, possibly every topic thats been posted, however, none are specific to my requirements, therefore the only thing i can do is post my story for your assistance. Currently i am using a Late 2006, Macbook, 160Gb Hard-drive. Believe it or not, it is still going! I have been in the market for a new Mac for several years, but have have never gotten around to it, however, this is now not capable of doing anything due to its age. I mainly working on video editing, nothing 4k that requires huge strain, and most of my data is held on Disc/USB or deleted. I dont store lots of Photos or Music, so believe it or not, the 160GB HDD has lasted me 8 years! Im in a position to spend some money (But not a Kings ransom, i.e a 1TB SSD). I was considering the Late 2013 iMac, with either the 256GB SSD or the 512GB SSD - Considering you cant upgrade the internal without voiding the warranty and going to trouble, i was thinking, as i tend to keep the machine for some years, the 512GB SSD might be worth it. But after reading posts on here, i soon realised that if i was to go Pure SSD, then why lumber it with all my data, along with the security/back up risks. As a result, i then considered purchasing a 3TB External HDD, to keep all my Videos in one place, rather than deleting them or storing them on unreliable disc. My issue is here. Despite owning a Mac for such a long time, i dont really know much about this area. My understanding is, i can plug in my iMac, have it running on Pure SSD for Apps/Boot up, and then store everything on the External Drive, I.E Files/Data/Videos/Photos. Then i saw if i wanted to use an External drive, i would need to use Time Machine also? Im not sure if this is true, either way, i then figured i could Partion the 1 External Drive, and lets set have 1TB for Time Machine, and 2TB for External. I know some people will shout for me to go the route of Fusion, however, as storage isnt such an issue for me, as i have lasted 8 years with 160GB HDD, i am looking towards speed. In reality, im looking for tips/advice from you guys out there, does this sound realistic/am i going about it the right way? In respect of my battle between choosing the Late 2013 and Retina iMac, i am yet to decide, i was swaying more towards the Maxed out Late 2013 Model, as i have no need for Retina and the price difference on Maxing out the Late 2013 over the Retina is quite significant. Thanks!