external HDD to 'match' time capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrklaw, May 11, 2008.

1. mrklaw macrumors 65816

This might seem a pointlessly cosmetic question, but I'll ask it anyway :)

there are external HDDs designed to fit with the mac mini in a neat little stack. Are there any similar ones designed to stack with Time Capsule?

I currently have a freecom 750GB monster attached via USB and its not the prettiest thing in the world. If I could have something that just sat underneath the TC I think that'd be really nice.

and considering the kinds of niches being filled for mac accessories these days, surely there either is one out there somewhere, or someone is planning one?

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Western Digital makes those silver MyBooks. Iomega makes a "Iomega 500GB MiniMax Desktop Hard Drive" that sort of looks like mac mini (I don't use Iomega products so I can't say if they're any good).

I just use those new black seagate drives that are vertical. They look good enough even though they don't really match.

3. Chad H macrumors 6502a

Chad H

I have a 500GB OWC external HD. It works flawless! And it looks awesome.

4. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

I have had an OWC FireWire 800 250 GB drive for 4 years. It has worked well and looks good, although you do have to pay a bit of premium for one of them. Here is a link to the current version of my drive:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/firewire/usb/eliteclassic

The downside to these drives for someone looking for a drive that has a similar appearance to the Mac Mini is that they look a lot like more like the Mac Pros than the Mac Mini or Time Capsule. I just ordered a Time Capsule but I’m going to use my old OWC drive with it, esthetics or no esthetics. :)