Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virtual

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Brazil
Wasnt sure where to post this as it isn't anything to do with a Mac, but is a technical question.

Anyways, I am going to get an external HDD, but I have several Macs in my room. Is it possible to connect all the Macs to the external HDD and access them?

Also, I have looked at a few, and you connect via USB. It would be muchos cool if I could connect wirelessly. Anyone know if this is even possible in this day and age? Maybe connecting it to the router and accessing it via that? Is that possible?

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Wasnt sure where to post this as it isn't anything to do with a Mac, but is a technical question.

Anyways, I am going to get an external HDD, but I have several Macs in my room. Is it possible to connect all the Macs to the external HDD and access them?

Also, I have looked at a few, and you connect via USB. It would be muchos cool if I could connect wirelessly. Anyone know if this is even possible in this day and age? Maybe connecting it to the router and accessing it via that? Is that possible?

Probably easiest to just hook up the HD to one mac and share it over the network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.