External HDD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ttan78, Aug 8, 2007.

1. ttan78 macrumors newbie

I am using my external HDD with my MACBOOK; however, the right click options does not include anything similiar to the [cut] function in Windows. Pls advice.

Secondly, how do u completely uninstall a prog installed in Mac. Pls advice.

Many thks in advance as i am a new Mac user and thus am still familiarising myself.

:)

2. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

1)There is no cut in the context menu. Or at least I don't think there is. Just drag off and then delete. Or you can drag off and press cmd when releasing the mouse for the same effect as cut.

2) To completely uninstall a program, use AppZapper to delete all the little files.

3. NoOneButMe macrumors regular

Just drag then select what you want and apple + delete to send to trash.

And you can just move the .dmg from /Applications to the trash and not worry about any additional files unless you're uninstalling something like Garageband which'll have a gig or so of loops lying around.

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Uninstalling is not a problem in Mac OS X the way it is in windows. An Application file is actually contains all the "system files" inside of it that a windows program would spew all over your hard drive (.dll files and such). That's why just dragging the app itself to the trash is normally sufficient.