External HHD Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xXriderXx7, Aug 27, 2007.

1. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Okay.
    I came home today and attempted to access my iTunes library which is located on my external HDD. iTunes reported that the song file could not be found.
    I soon realized the hdd wasnt mounted, so I powered off and on the hdd.

It would not mount, so I booted up disk utility, which did recognize that the hdd was connected. I attempted to verify and repair the disk and get the following error message.
    [​IMG]

IT is extremely important that I am able to access the data stored on this drive. Not only is my 80 gig iTunes collection located on it, but countless irreplaceable school papers and projects are also stored on the drive.
    I am planning on purchasing a Western Digital drive to replace this current one for both space and security, but would like copy all the file to my internal Hdd.

Any help?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Do you hear any odd sounds from the hard drive such as a clicking sound? You might consider this if all else fails. And this just shows that backups are important.

3. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

No.
    No weird or unusual noises coming from the drive.

I did think about back ups.
    But I never really went though with it, as it is my external and I would have to be backing up to my internal.

Any other software methods of possibly retrieving the data?