External iSight will not work with new Mac Pro. Help?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by madman365, Jan 20, 2010.

1. madman365 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I recently bought a new Mac Pro and ws wanting to connect an older Apple isight to it.(The external one that looks like a metal vienna sausage).

Once I connected it, I could only get video on iChat, but no audio. It doesn't show up on Photo Booth at all, and in iMovie I get an image but no audio.

I already went through all of the preferences and options and nothing has worked. I also noticed my external isight is being recognized by the computer on my firewire port, but it "still no worky".

It says it is currently using firmware 1.0.2. So, I went to try and se if there were any updates for the isight on Apple Support. There was. Version 1.0.3. So, after downloading it and trying to install it, it refused to install. A windo popped up saying the update could not be installed on an os that was 10.4 or HIGHER.

So, what now. Anybody got any work arounds. Would love to have my Apple product work with my Apple product.

2. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

the firewire iSight has not been supported since tiger. I'm afraid you're out of luck.