Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joemero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Can't make up my mind on an external keyboard for my 15" MBP. I like that the wired has the number pad and extra USB ports, but I'm also enticed by the sleekness and portability of the wireless. This is probably a personal choice, but what do you all recommend? What have been the experiences with both?

MaxxTraxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2008
Quick question, why would anyone buy a wired keyboard? Is there a problem with the current keyboard?

Macallan82

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
If your tasks are not number pad intensive and assuming you're referring to the Apple wireless keyboard, get the wireless. It saves space and cuts down on wires.

milton.sheaf

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Why would anyone want a wireless keyboard? The constant changing of batteries and wondering if the bluetoof is sync'd up or not. A wired keyboard just works. No turning it off and on. No changing batteries. No configuring bluetooth settings. None of that crap. Wired keyboard you just sit down at it and start working. Simple as it gets. Besides, a keyboard is usually sitting on the surface of your desk, within a few feet, or less, of the computer it's attached to.

Wired is the only way to go.

OP, you have a Macbook pro. That's a laptop computer. I.e. it has a built in portable keyboard. You don't need a second portable keyboard.

Joemero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Why would anyone want a wireless keyboard? The constant changing of batteries and wondering if the bluetoof is sync'd up or not. A wired keyboard just works. No turning it off and on. No changing batteries. No configuring bluetooth settings. None of that crap. Wired keyboard you just sit down at it and start working. Simple as it gets. Besides, a keyboard is usually sitting on the surface of your desk, within a few feet, or less, of the computer it's attached to.

Wired is the only way to go.

OP, you have a Macbook pro. That's a laptop computer. I.e. it has a built in portable keyboard. You don't need a second portable keyboard.

I want an external keyboard, because Im setting up a home office station with an external monitor, kinda of like a docking station. I'll use the MBP keyboard when on the road :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.