External Keyboards?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aimeeinohio, Mar 17, 2011.

1. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

OK, my monitor should arrive tomorrow. Now, I am looking at the Apple keyboards.... trying to decide between the wireless and wired (I do like that the wired has a number pad)....tell me what you use! :D:D

Also considering the track pad rather than a mouse. Yay or nay?

2. kushed macrumors regular

trackpad > everything. i can say without a doubt in my mind ill NEVER use A MOUSE again. unless im gaming. but i hardly ever do. since i bought my ps3 =). youll regret not getting the trackpad. and as far as wired vs. bluetooth. i would most certainly go bluetooth. the only setback is the wireless keyboards are not backlit.... yet =( it makes me so sad because i love this feature. but as far as worrying about battery life. i have had both my trackpad and keyboard for about 3 months and still going strong. and you can lay on your bed and completely control your computer! its a blast go wireless all the way!

3. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse with my MacBook Pro, they've worked great since day one and I really enjoy the feel of Apple's keyboards and I like how compact the wireless model is. That being said, the feel of the wired keyboard is exactly the same as the wireless keyboard so if the number pad is important to you then I'd go with the wired keyboard.

As for the trackpad vs. mouse, it depends on which one you'd be more comfortable with and how often you plan on using the various gestures that each device supports. For my needs, the mouse was a better choice as I don't use gestures a whole lot other than navigating back/forward in applications such as Safari, Finder, and iPhoto.

If you do decide to go with any of the wireless devices, I'd recommend picking up a good set of rechargeable batteries - either the Apple Battery Charger (which comes with 6 rechargeable AA batteries and can be purchased from Apple's Online Store or an authorized reseller) or a set of Duracell AA's.

Hope that helps, have a great day! :)

4. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

I really do enjoy using a track pad more than a mouse, and my hand thanks me for it. (Early onset arthritis due to being a crafty girl!). I also have a wacom tablet. I was just wondering if 2 bluetooth things would be ok (using both keyboard and track pad). :D

Thanks, guys! xoxo

5. kushed macrumors regular

yeap works just fine! if you type a lot go ahead and order a mic and you can download F R E E ! :D:D voice over software and you can talk and the computer will type for you ;). but defffff keep the trackpad. you may love it now, but if you get another mouse then youll reallly realize how much you love it lol. trust me since the trackpad is so small i lost it for 3 days in my dormroom and i was so sad haha

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer the Apple Wireless Keyboard. If I ever need a numpad, I'll use this.