External mic for Iphone 4s on a fig rig

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Snover, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Snover macrumors newbie

Alright, I've seen some threads on external microphones on here, but none address my specific need. What I would like to do is make my own fig rig (a camera mount that looks like a steering wheel for those that don't know what it is, and gives you extra stability while recording).

I want to add an external mic, something similar to the Rode VideoMic, that I can mount to the fig rig. I'm intending to record many different things, and I would like to do it all with my phone. I'll be recording things at a skate park (indoor and out) primarily, but also some other outdoor and indoor activities, such as shooting at the range, fishing, and some one-on-one interviews inside, to name a few things I would like to do. Those interviews will require me to follow the person around inside a little bit, hence the fig rig to make the shot as stable as possible.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Again, looking for something similar to the Rode VideoMic mic, but hopefully something cheaper than that.

2. Snover thread starter macrumors newbie