External Monitor Not Working Windows 7 Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mrsbadcrumble, Feb 7, 2013.

1. mrsbadcrumble macrumors newbie

Evening Boys and Girls,

So I'm running OS 10.6.8 on a Macbook Pro 15" (I know, I've decided not to switch to Lion since I'll be buying a tower for all my audio work soon).

Anyway I've recently partitioned my HD and installed Windows 7 so that I can learn Wwise. Trouble is my external is not receiving signal, which is weird because the display was mirrored during the entire installation process.

I know it has something to do with the drivers. I've read forums about NDIVIA drivers and such and I've tried to install several of those on the windows side but it said I did not have the proper hardware to install them. I also could not auto detect which drivers in particular I needed.

Side Note: I'm also having trouble getting the windows side to recognize my Focusrite Saffire 6 USB interface even after I installed the drivers.

2. mrsbadcrumble thread starter macrumors newbie

I should also add that I'm using a early 2011 model. It says my computer is using an intel HD 3000 series and AMD Radeon 6750M. However when I went to install either the intel or AMD drivers (note the AMD catalyst system detected which card I was using) it said I did not meet the minimum system requirements or that I was using incompatible hardware.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you download all the drivers / windows support software while you were using boot camp assistant?

4. mrsbadcrumble thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed the drivers from my start up disc that came with my MacBook Pro. And I updated windows as soon as I opened it.

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

So it reads like you didn't install the boot camp drivers. That might be the issue. Re run boot camp assistant and download the windows support software.

6. mrsbadcrumble thread starter macrumors newbie

So I ran bootcamp assistant again and it wouldn't let me put the downloaded material onto a CD or a flash drive that I formatted to FAT32. I know I need to reinstall something because when I try and install the 3.1 update it tells me that I don't have bootcamp 3.0 installed which is supposed to come with the snow leopard install disk right?