External Monitor Options

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by symple84, Mar 11, 2015.

1. symple84 macrumors member

Not sure if I should go 4K at this point. I plan on picking up a rMBP 15" model so I know that I can connect to 4K but is it worth it? What are some of you guys using as an external display? Looking at spending no more than $600 tbh.

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Depends on the distance from your face the monitor will be. If it's a couple feet away, you probably can't see the pixels on a regular display anyway. It makes a lot of sense for laptops/tablets/phones, as they are close to your face.

3. symple84 thread starter macrumors member

Viewing distance will be about 2 feet give or take and mostly for Lightroom and productivity tasks. No gaming.

4. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I don't have a retina MacBook Pro (just the mid 2012 model) but I've been using a 24" ViewSonic with it and with my previous MacBook Pro for nearly four years now and I am very pleased with it. It has HDMI, DVI and VGA ports, is 1080p, has integrated speakers and wall mount (if you are looking for that). I got it for 200 bucks back then via Amazon. I'm guessing the newer model must be this one:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VX2...d=1426201398&sr=8-1&keywords=viewsonic+vx2439

I think it is a great value for that price but if you are willing to expend up to 600 bucks then I guess you can go for a better model. Overall I think ViewSonic is a solid brand.

5. evrard macrumors regular

evrard