external monitor recommendation?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aimeeinohio, Apr 22, 2011.

1. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

Ok, I cannot afford an Apple Cinema display, as much as I covet one.

I bought an Asus monitor, calibrated it, and have been using it for about a month and a half. I dislike it! For simple web browsing and stuff it's OK, but for photo editing it sucks. Even just looking at my desktop wallpaper- going from my MBP screen to the Asus screen is awful. Colors are OK (not great, but I can live with it), but it's on the blurry side.

So, can ya recommend a decent monitor with good color and crispness for a relatively low price?

Hubby likes the monitor just fine, so I figured i'd pass it on to him.:D

2. simsaladimbamba

What is the exact budget you have and the resolution (or display size) you want?
    Have you looked into Dell's offers?

3. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

4. Maddix macrumors member

Consider the Dell UltraSharp monitors. They have IPS panels and the 23" U2311H has very accurate colors. Of all the monitors I've looked at, used and calibrated, this has had the most accurate colors out of the box. Dell is always having sales on their monitors every other day or week. Trust me, you want a monitor with some sort of IPS technology. Your not going to buy an IPS monitor at a Best Buy or Staples.

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Dell ultrasharp lineup. The u2311h offers the best bang for the buck. If you absolutely need 16:10 aspect ratio instead of 16:9 you can go with the u2410 but the jump in price is quite significant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. aimeeinohio thread starter macrumors regular

aimeeinohio