External monitor support bootcamp and win7?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ghostchild, Nov 12, 2009.

1. ghostchild macrumors 6502

ghostchild

Is there external monitor support on win7 now? With bootcamp?

2. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

3. ghostchild thread starter macrumors 6502

ghostchild

for some reason it doesnt seem to detect externals using the mini dv port... :mad:

4. ghostchild thread starter macrumors 6502

ghostchild

5. vexatia macrumors regular

I run W7 on an external display through bootcamp, as well. No problems here. I believe that it defaulted into extended desktop mode and I used Nvidia system tools to ignore the MBP built-in display.

6. ghostchild thread starter macrumors 6502

ghostchild

can anyone provide me with a direct link to the latest nividia or bootcamp drivers?

7. vexatia macrumors regular

I got mine at nvidia.com. I googled to find Nvidia system tools and system monitor (also an Nvidia product (no cost, not certain of the name). Make sure that you get the most recent version of system tools, but also make sure that your system tools don't pre-date the driver you wind up choosing.

One more point, I'm not sure as to the state of driver choice for 9600m on a mbp. I used an updated Nvidia driver, but many ppl may use modded drivers from laptopVideo2go or elsewhere.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Yes. nvidia.com

Just download the drivers, install them, reboot and you're done, I have no trouble whatsoever with extending my desktop or whatever else crosses my mind.