external monitor with alimunium macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PedroMendes, Nov 20, 2008.

1. PedroMendes macrumors newbie

guys,

thinking of buying a 24" dell (2408 model) - will I be able to use the display at the 1920x1200 resolution ? - can anybody recommend it ?

Cheers

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Check the spec from Apple website -

Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

3. PedroMendes thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks silverblack

4. manuel.mx macrumors member

be careful that currently there are some issues with using external monitors at resolutions higher than the one in the macbook. Some users get interference in the image, and after waking up the monitor shows just interference.

There is no solution for this issue.

In my case I got a lot of interference at 1920*1200 and i had to use dvi to HDMI to be able to use it.

You might be unaffected, but just to let you know beforehand.

Good luck

5. quantumdrift macrumors newbie

I'm using a new MacBook here with a Dell Ultrasharp 2408 @ 1920x1200 with no problems. Haven't done any gaming, but Photoshop, Flash, and Dreamweaver CS4 work fine with no problems whatsoever.

6. manuel.mx macrumors member

interesting. If your displays go to sleep, after inactivity, when you wake it up, the external display works ok?

The apple support forums have a bunch of users having issues with that. I didnt think it was widespread, but apparently it isnt a very very isolated issue either.

Weird, my monitor works fine with DVI on older computers, but not in my monitor.

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I have problems after waking my Dell up after its been asleep. I have to resort to taking out the display port cable and reconnecting it.

8. Tourist macrumors member

Just be aware of the issues cropping up with playing some Itunes content (TV/ Movies) on external display devices from the New Macbooks.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=602257