external monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greythorne, Sep 25, 2010.

1. greythorne macrumors regular

2. AlexQQQ macrumors member

3. DJ-R macrumors regular

Um... not recommending ViewSonic.. they don't last.

Go with Samsung or LG.

I have LG 23" 1080p 50,000:1 contrast and 5ms. W2353V ($230)

4. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

5. greythorne thread starter macrumors regular

why is that so? they don't last?

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

viewsonic monitors are fine

buy a mini display to hdmi adapter on ebay to save some dough, work just fine, just make sure it supports compressed and uncompressed audio

7. greythorne thread starter macrumors regular

how do i know if the monitor supports compressed & uncompressed audio? Is it important since it will connected to mini displayport?

8. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

9. tahugejerot macrumors newbie

I would recommend you to get a samsung led tv instead of monitor, since the price is close to 22inch samsung led tv, im using it and the colors are superb!

10. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

you could but 22" HDTVs aren't meant to be viewed from less than like 4 feet away, there's a reason why manufacturers still produce traditional monitors for computer use, they're optimized for close viewing

11. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

But this is a Windows Keyboard :eek:... is there a software that converts windows keys to Mac?

12. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

I think the only keys you'll have problems with are "command" and "option/alt" being switched. In that case, you can go to "System Preferances" -> "Keyboard" -> "Keyboard" tab -> "Modifier Keys..." and then remap the command and option/alt key to be swapped.

13. tpg macrumors regular

Depends what country he's in... The mac UK keyboard layout is more like a US keyboard layout than a normal UK layout (e.g. @ is on the 2 key).

14. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

Pardon? I don't really understand what you're talking about. I think the question was about Windows vs. Mac keyboards, but I think you're implying I didn't consider UK keyboards. After looking up a UK keyboard, it is significantly different from a US keyboard. Well, if you're in the US, the only significant thing that's different from a Mac and Windows keyboard is the position of the command/windows key and the option/alt button.

15. TheScotsman macrumors newbie

TheScotsman

My two cents on your new mouse purchase.
    I purchased my "Kensington Slimblade Bluetooth Wireless Trackball Mouse" last year and absolutely love it, they run anywhere from $50-$80 but well worth it for the quality. You can use it as a regular mouse with scroll ball or switch it to a trackball with a simple double click.

eBay Link: Kensington Slimblade Bluetooth Track Mouse