External Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeeklancer, Jul 6, 2008.

1. zeeklancer macrumors regular

Hi guys,

When I got my MBP I was real happy because I could use it with external monitors, but now that am I using the MBP more and more, I find it less and less that I want to connect it to an external monitor. It is not like I have a crappy external monitor as it is a crisp 20 inch widescreen. Anybody else experience this?

Maybe I am just crazy...

-Zeek

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I have mine connected to a 24" because I prefer the extra screen real estate.

3. esvee macrumors member

I bought my mbp with full intention of using it with my 20" dell widescreen. I now use my dell lcd as a tv and havent connected an external display in months. I think its a combination of wanting to just pick up my laptop and go at any time, as well as the fact that the led backlighting results in a much better display than the lcd.

4. bigp9998 macrumors regular

I have a 22 inch monitor connected to my MBP but I actually use both screens, MBP screen for iTunes/email and the big daddy for actual work. I find it works surprisingly well.

5. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I think it really depends on what you need the external monitor for, doesn't it? I have it as my main monitor at times, the internal used for displaying application pallets and application tools.

6. stiphone macrumors regular

I used to connect it to my 22" external monitor. However, i have not been connecting it for a long time. I think that it's partly due to the fact that it's a lot of trouble connecting and disconnecting it as I take my MBP out with me everyday. I've still yet to find a optimal layout to setup my home computer table.