External mouse on MBP feels very awkward

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tgreena, Jun 29, 2011.

1. tgreena macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am a new Mac user here, just got my first 15 inch MBP with the 2.2 ghz i7. I plugged my desktop mouse in so I could play some games, (Razer Deathadder Precision Infrared) but the mouse feels very awkward in comparison to my Windows 7 Desktop. I do not exactly know how to explain it, but just the movement of the mouse does not really flow.

I have tried to go into the settings and adjust the speed but even when it is all the way up it does not feel right. I am guessing this is because of the lack of the acceleration setting? Has anyone been through the same problem adjusting to mac? Any solutions for this?

TL;DR: Mouse on new MBP feels way different/weird than Win7. How can I fix this?

2. aeneid macrumors member

Hey I had the same issue, except I have a Razer Imperator. If you go online to their website, go into their downloads section and dl and install the preferences menu for your mouse. Then you can go in and change the settings. If you have the cd that came with your mouse you can also use that too. I use my mouse with windows, so i preset it with the 5 settings I use most and I have the 2 click buttons on top of the mouse itself, for the purpose of adjusting acceleration and sensitivity. It works great. Also, your mouse pad might also be something that may or may not be affecting it.

Cheers

3. tgreena thread starter macrumors newbie

Sweet thanks I will definitely have to give that a try and I will let you know how it goes.

4. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker