External music control for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by neel, Mar 23, 2012.

1. neel macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I recently got an iphone, and the audio quality out is great. I use a tape adapter to listen in my car, but there is one way in which the iphone falls short of my ipod and previous android phone. There is virtually no way to control the music without picking up, turning on, and looking at the phone.

With my ipod, it was easy to navigate the wheel and do things (ideal). With my old phone, I could long press the volume buttons to skip tracks (not great, but it worked). I have tried siri, and it is very inconvenient for skipping songs.

Are there any external remotes that will give me any functionality similar to my previous two setups (long press or with an actual set of controls)?

Thanks

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

You could get a 3-button remote adapter and put it in between the iPhone and the tape adapter.

I don't know if that particular one is any good, just an example.

Regards,
    Tom

3. dackhaarala macrumors newbie

I Phone.

You can buy a universal remote which will operate on every type of electronic gadgets example phone , AC , T.V . You can use this universal remote for your phone also .But i am not sure that this universal remote works with I phone because I phone is based on High technology. But surely it work on ordinary phone.

4. sn315on macrumors newbie

sn315on

I have a bluetooth clip that I synced with the iPhone for going to the gym. I love that I can skip songs on it by pressing a button. I found it on Amazon. I don't know if I can post links here or not, so, please remove it if I can't:

Jabra Clipper

I've been using it for about 2 months and love it. I can leave my phone in my bag and still have the music playing. :)