External NAS Mounting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Cybiker, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Cybiker macrumors member

I purchased a maxtor 200gb NAS, which has an ethernet port and two USB port to plug additional hard drives/a printer to. I know that I can go to network>servers and connect and authenticate to connect that way to the device. I was curious is there was an easier way so as my machine would automatically mount the drive and any additional drives connected whenever it detected them turned on or on the same network (connected to the same router).

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Sure you can, add them to your login items.

I posted the same question a few days ago Here

3. Cybiker thread starter macrumors member

That would do the job if I wanted them to connect every time on reboot, which is half way there. It's a macbook pro and i take it with me on my travels/around the house and often sleep it rather than shut it off, so in this case i'd have to restart it so they would mount when the machine booted up, or log out and log back into my account, what if i just wanted to reboot the hard drive/drives and wanted them to reconnect as soon as they powered back on/reconnect as soon as my machien was connected back to my network through WIFI/Network.

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

It will work if you have the MBP sleep mode. You just wake it up and your drives are still there. I use to do that all the time and when I had to reboot I added them to the login items and the icon showed up. As for rebooting the drives I think you still have to connect to them through the go, server and find the drive you are trying to connect to unless some one can right a script for you

5. Cybiker thread starter macrumors member

If i were to put the machine to sleep, bring it to another location, wake it up, use it, put it back to sleep and connect it back to the network the drives would not show up unless login items start whenever the machine wakes from sleep, which I do not believe is so..?