External not mounting. Tried it all. Any more ideas??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by killerrobot, Jun 30, 2007.

1. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

So, 10.4.10 somehow jacked up the system files on my 300GB Maxtor One Touch I'm assuming. I updated my Macpro, didn't unmount my external (I will always do this before updates from now on), and restarted it after the update downloaded. Woke up the next morning with it still trying to restart itself after the update. Did a hard shutdown, and it started up fine, no problems. My external also started up no problems, but it never mounted. List of things I've done this past week trying to get it to mount:

1)Restarted several times, trying to use different ports. Nothing
    2) Used Disk Utility -- doesn't even see it.
    3) Got a copy of DiskWarrior 4 -- still can't even see it.
    4) Went through terminal and tried to force mount it -- still not being seen.
    5) Plugged it into a G3 -- it can see it (finally), will try to fix it, but gives some error (sorry I can't remember what said exactly :eek:, because frustration was taking over)
    6) Tried using DW 4 on the G3 -- it was bound not to work from the getgo but I was desperate.

The external is absolutely fine and running, like I said just the system files got messed up on it during all the update stuff. I'm out of ideas but want to recoup my files off my backup drive. Does anyone have a version of DW that will work on G3s, because that's the only thing I can think of left for me to do.

Any help/ideas/suggestions/sympathizing stories would be much appreciated.
    My utmost and sincere gratitude in advance. Thanks.

2. killerrobot thread starter macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Seriously, is everyone too busy with their iPhones to help a fellow apple junky out? :)

Anybody got any ideas?

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This thread may help you out. It explains how to get the old USB disk drivers back.

4. killerrobot thread starter macrumors 68020

killerrobot

AWESOME!!!!! Thanks so much. I'll give it a go first thing tomorrow (when I'm in the office).