Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azmontana

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2008
As the title says, having external hard drive problems which are NTFS formatted using Lion.

Everything worked previously before in Snow Leopard using NTFS for Mac, I could read write no problem.

In Lion the drives are not even recognised, I can find them on Disk Utility but it says there unmounted, not sure how to mount?

I tested the drives out on my Mums Macbook running Snow Leopard and they work, so it's definatly a Lion problem?

Please help.

Thanks.

wlasikiewicz

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
UK
You should contact the apple support team and see what they can do for you.

If your mac isnt even letting the drive appear in disk utility then there is no way you can mount it, you may be simply missing a file or driver for the hard drive, have you tried software update?

Im new to mac so sorry if im not any help.

Crosbie

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2010
Brighton, UK
An issue with 3G-NTFS? There are a number of little helper apps that allow OSX to read NTFS; not all have been updated for Lion yet.

You might check the drive manufacturer's website; they may supply a suitable app.

Azmontana

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2008
An issue with 3G-NTFS? There are a number of little helper apps that allow OSX to read NTFS; not all have been updated for Lion yet.

You might check the drive manufacturer's website; they may supply a suitable app.

I have the latest version of NTFS for Mac and it says it has been Lion tested.

I've decided to buy a new WD Studio drive for Mac.

It'd still be nice to know what happened?

froggie22

macrumors member
May 1, 2009
I had the same problem.

I headed to the MacFUSE website and downloaded their latest version and it was back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.