Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbanda

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
I have a black MacBook and would like to use it as a desktop replacement since I'm probably going to upgrade to the 15". My questions are the following:

1. What are the best and chepest options for an external monitor?
  2. In addition to the monitor, what other peripherals do I need to buy?

Thank you in advance.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
1. Used display from e.g. Craigslist or eBay is probably the cheapest you can get. If you want a new one, go to a store and have a look, that's the best way.

2. You need right adapter. Your Mac has Mini-DVI so either mDVI to VGA, DVI or HDMI. Also, a stand, keyboard, mouse and speakers are welcome

macbanda

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
1. Used display from e.g. Craigslist or eBay is probably the cheapest you can get. If you want a new one, go to a store and have a look, that's the best way.

2. You need right adapter. Your Mac has Mini-DVI so either mDVI to VGA, DVI or HDMI. Also, a stand, keyboard, mouse and speakers are welcome

Thank you for your information, does any external display will work? It does not have to be an apple monitor? Any recommendations on monitors out there than anyone may recommend?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.