external remote available?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by toezter, Jan 23, 2008.

1. toezter macrumors regular

toezter

just found out that the iPod Radio does NOT WORK with the touch. you can only control volume up and down.

need something that i can control track, volume, play/pause while the touch is in my bag or jacket. anyone try the monster product?

2. chall5 macrumors regular

3. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

Wow. Thats really unfortunate. The horrible thing is, I saw an advertisment for one of these Radio plug ins, and it said it worked with the Touch. Sad sad.

4. toezter thread starter macrumors regular

toezter

yeah i've seen that, but i'll pass on shoddy products like that. we have a friend who travels to china twice a year, if all fails i'll have her find one for me.

tell me about it. it worked with my 3rd gen ipod even (minus the radio). with 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 you'll get a message on the touch saying, "this product is not supported by iPod touch.'' and only the volume function works.

5. kshott macrumors member

kshott

man.... I've been looking for something just like this. Like the old 2nd gen remotes. I ordered one. I like that it's in-line and doesn't require recharging or batteries. I'll post back when I get it, to say how it works.

6. toezter thread starter macrumors regular

toezter

please do.

would be nice to hack it so you wouldn't need to plug in the extra 1/8" jack.

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

8. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

No, it's clearly states the ipod radio remote does NOT work with the Touch.

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

OK - so it's actually bordering on awesome. The remote fully works. The radio also does too, but you don't get any sort of display on the Touch. It is however possible to tune and even store stations, although you obviously don't get a display.

The clip is similar to old iPod remotes and is designed to be clipped towards the left.

Call answering is fine, although the Bluetooth quality is not the best I've heard in a long way. It seems to be acceptable for most situations though.

[​IMG]
    The unit unplugs to allow you to plug it into a USB socket (an adapter is supplied) to upgrade the firmware via your computer as it comes out.

All in all, I think I've made a good purchase.
    http://www.gear4blueye.com/

10. chall5 macrumors regular

do they do version of this that just acts as a remote, I don't really need it to interface with my phone

If not can you turn the bluetooth off so it just acts as a remote ?

Baffles me why this accessory is not available from Apple for the Touch (preferably with a short cord)

thanks

11. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

You don't have to pair it. For me that was the sole reason for getting it though. I could have lived without a remote although it would have been annoying.