Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rk1228

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2008
Louisville
I am a new iPhone 3G owner and am very pleased. I do not hear as well as the average human so I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time. Although please with the volume of the phone when I am talking, I do have a couple of questions.

Is anyone aware of a way to increase the ringer volume of the iPhone? A bluetooth headset was suggested, but that is not practical for me.

Is anyone aware of an external ringer product available? When I am at home, the phone is sometimes not in my pocket, so what I would like to have is a dock that would both charge the phone and provide a louder external ringer which I could hear from another room. If I had this, I would get rid of my old home phone.

If these products are not available, is there a proper avenue I might take to suggest someone look into this type of device as something new for the future.

Thanks so much for any suggest you all may have! ~Ray

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
You might want to look at Dock-n-talk with bluetooth adapter from PhoneLabs

Basically, it would hook regular land line phones up to your iPhone via bluetooth. That way if you have phones all over your house, it'll ring those and you can pick them up to answer as well.

Maybe overkill, but I thought I'd mention it. I use it to use regular phones around my condo without payign for a landline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.