External Screen Problem since about a week. (Maybe in a update)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by /V\acpower, Feb 27, 2008.

1. /V\acpower macrumors 6502a

Here's the facts :

I'm on a 2.2 MacBook Pro since this summer.
    I have an external LCD monitor plugged with a DVI cable. Resolution of 1280*1024.
    I'm in Leopard.

Ok, since i've had this MacBook Pro, I used my external screen a lot. Normally I just plug it in the DVI port, little blue screen on Mac OS X (refreshing the display), and then everything work fine. MAC OS X recognize the screen, applies my custom setting (2 different color settings for both the laptop and the external screen), etc.

About a week ago. If I start the computer with my screen already plugged in, everything about graphics setting go default. Precisely, when I am in the login screen, my color is same as usual, but as soon as I enter my session, the color turns to defaults (quite yellow in fact) and it applies the same default color to the external screen, and it is VERY Yellowish.

Also, in display settings, the resolution list I have doesn't include 1280*1024, like it normally does. Also, if I unplug the screen then, the same normal refresh blu screen appears for a second, however, even when unplugged, MAC OS X act like there is still another external screen. I cannot get to the Windows that were on the other screen. If I use SPACE, it show two screen next to each other.

Curiously, if I restart the computer with the monitor unplugged, Start MAC OS X, Enter my session and THEN plug the screen, everything works fine. It's just when I restart, of simply start, with the screen plugged that it does that.

Does someone have a clue about the cause of this issue ? ( I heard about a graphic update...and if I remember correctly, i've made the update that included this.)

2. 4now macrumors regular

sorry I don't have a solution

but this just started for me today

I've been using my MBP with an external a lot.
    and without a problem on 10.5.2 - since its release

did you happen to find a fix yet

3. 4now macrumors regular

I found a solution on another forum.

Select restart. Close the lid on your MacBookPro. Let it reboot with the lid closed. It opens into and remembers my NEC MultiSync 90X and all its resolution settings.