External Speaker

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by slomifier, Sep 2, 2008.

1. slomifier macrumors regular

Ever since I got my iPod Touch, I've been told that it doesn't have an external speaker like the iPhone, then it dawned on me, the iPod Touch must have one. Not only does the keyboard make clicking sounds without headphones even plugged in, in the settings, theres an option to output sound effects into "speaker". With that said, would it be possible to somehow create an app that redirects sound output from the headphone jack to the internal speaker?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

It's not so much a speaker, but rather a clicker or chirper. You wouldn't want to listen to music through it, even if you could. It was put there to give you audible affirmation that you've succeeded in touching the screen. Many cell phones are moving to Haptic (vibrating) touch response for the same reason.

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

4. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Every speaker is a transducer! Even the article you link defines a speaker as a transducer that converts electrical impulses into sound energy. Speaker, transducer, clicker, noisemaker, whatever you want to call it, the iPod Touch has one, but it's not suitable for playing back music.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I was making the point that the speaker on the iPod is different than that of the iPhone.:rolleyes:

6. .Chris macrumors 6502a

.Chris

the ipod touch (or any ipod) does not have an external speaker.