External Speakers - later volume control issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Quinn3m, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Quinn3m macrumors newbie

Hi - I've had my iTouch for about four months. I have a cheap pair of portable external speakers that I used with another mp3 player. I noticed that when I used it with the iTouch, the next time I'd play the iTouch with speakers, the volume control would be out of whack. The volume would be all the way up as high as it could be, blasting through the earphones. Sliding the volume bar down didn't change anything. Turning the unit on and off helped. I decided that I didn't want to risk this being a permanent problem so I don't use the cheap portable speakers anymore.

This problem didn't happen all the time, but it was getting worse and worse and for a while I didn't realize what was causing the volume problem.

Now I use a more expensive type of external speakers which plug into the wall and have a subwoofer. I still have the problem once in a while. :confused: Will there come a time when turning it off and then on again won't 'fix' the volume?

Is it my particular iTouch? Of course the unit came with a 90-day return policy and I've had it longer than that.

I don't want to give up the ability to listen to it over speakers, and this set was not cheap. I'll listen to it probably more over the earbuds and don't want to risk that's becoming impossible due to some glitch. Thanks for any advice.

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Try restoring it. That usually fixes most issues.