External Speakers on I-Mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by edward-k, Dec 9, 2007.

1. edward-k macrumors member

I purchased a 2" 2.8 Imac a few weeks ago. I just got around to hooking up my speakers (JBL Creature). What I have noticed is that sometimes when the sound kicks on i get a loud clicking sound from the speakers. The sound works fine then, but it is rather irritating to have this click when the sound starts. When using the internal speakers I don't get the click. Any thoughts what might be causing this?

Ed

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The only thing I can think of is a bad connection. I've been using an older iMac with external speakers (HK Soundsticks) and there's no clicking.

3. discomandavis macrumors member

first of, congratulations on getting the 2" imac lol i was thinking of getting one myself. second off the reason it makes this sound is because either the volume on the speakers is up really high or the computers volume is up really high. fact of the matter. there will always be some clicking, it's just unavoidable. but turning the volume down a bit and it wont be so loud

4. GradientMac macrumors regular

GradientMac

[​IMG]

That's the closest I could find to a 2 inch iMac xD

But the volume on your speakers might be higher then the volume on your computer [that is if they have separate volume controls, my speakers do on my laptop]

5. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

It could be that your speaker amp is near other power units, like distribution boards etc. and slight power surges translate into clicks?