External speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by philgeorgiou, Aug 9, 2011.

1. philgeorgiou macrumors newbie

Hi there

I have a wall mounted IMAC OS X, which I love but my neighbours love it less as since I've wall mounted it they hear everything. I'm thinking of finding a way to get some wireless speakers that I can place on the other side of the room, and (not being very technical) need to know the following things:

1. Any suggestions for good, not overpriced speakers?
    2. What other equipment would I need to buy in order that the speakers would receive 'wirelessly' from the mac
    3. Would it then be possible to ONLY have sound coming out of the speakers (i.e. completely mute from the mac itself, no sound coming out from behind it)

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks a lot, Phil

2. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I don't have any speaker suggestions, someone else might but if not just search on Amazon and read reviews. A quick search found these, which seems to be basically what you want.

But what you will need are some bluetooth speakers or just get ones with a long cable if you want them to be further around the room. You won't need any other equipment.

And yes you will be able to choose the speakers as the audio output for the mac, which will disable the internal speakers.

3. philgeorgiou thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much, much appreciated