Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chinhiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
done an optibay mod and now my superdrive when i insert a disk wont read or eject the disk at all. i opened the superdrive and took out the disk but i tried different methods to get it to eject and it wont work. the disk is not recognized in the comp.

the superdrive spins the disk for about a min and then it stops spinning. tried terminal eject and restart eject still nothing. also tried diffferent disk as well still nothing.

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
done an optibay mod and now my superdrive when i insert a disk wont read or eject the disk at all. i opened the superdrive and took out the disk but i tried different methods to get it to eject and it wont work. the disk is not recognized in the comp.

the superdrive spins the disk for about a min and then it stops spinning. tried terminal eject and restart eject still nothing. also tried diffferent disk as well still nothing.

What exact methods did you try to eject with, what did you type in terminal and what did you do on restart? Also what is the drive in, what brand of case and where did you get it?

chinhiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
What exact methods did you try to eject with, what did you type in terminal and what did you do on restart? Also what is the drive in, what brand of case and where did you get it?

hold eject, restrat hold left click

terminal drutil eject drutil tray eject

disk was a dvd disk

case sabrent from ayagroup

HBKDinobot

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2006
I have the same problem. The external drive caddy isn't reconized by any of my macs and now the disc is stuck in the drive.

chinhiphone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
I have the same problem. The external drive caddy isn't reconized by any of my macs and now the disc is stuck in the drive.

Turns out the case sabrent from ayagroup does not work. The adapter doesn't have enough power or is not compatible and that is why the CD is not recognized. Bought an external on ebay and works perfect

ylegler

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2007
Turns out the case sabrent from ayagroup does not work. The adapter doesn't have enough power or is not compatible and that is why the CD is not recognized. Bought an external on ebay and works perfect

Tried all the wirdest ways to eject a didsk from the external Superdrive (MacBook Pro). Finally I managed using Toast Titanium.
Open Toast, select "For Mac" and then go under "Disk/Eject". It finally worked.
Good luck
Yve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.