External, Transparent, Apple Stickers???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TurboSC, Feb 28, 2008.

1. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Ok, I've looked everywhere for a solution.

I'm basically trying to achieve this:

[​IMG]

without having to pry open my warranty having MBP. I ordered a Best Skins Ever full body shield and I would like to place the colored transparent sticker on the front Apple glowing logo before applying the skin.

I already know of http://www.icolours.ca , but i'm looking for, ideally, a transparent sticker that fits perfectly to the Apple logo on the MBP.

I thought of trying some custom colored transparencies but I'd like to know if anyone has any other ideas before I rip my hair out.

- Sunny

2. TurboSC thread starter macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I've tried measuring the logo on the front and it came out to about 36mm x 48mm...

Is this a standard sticker size? I wouldn't mind buying an old school apple sticker and going that route.

3. TurboSC thread starter macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Any luck anyone?

I'm debating on starting a small little off project featuring custom vinyl for the outside glowing logo, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't make Apple happy.

4. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I am looking for exactly the same thing! I really don't want to open up my Macbook Pro that will be arriving next week!

5. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

If it is just something that goes on the outside I don't see why Apple would care. If it doesn't involve opening the computer it's no different then the skins people have. If you started selling them, i'd be in line to get one! I want the old school rainbow one!