External video shows only a single frame during playback. Help?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Kingsly, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

I am working on a project in FCP 6, on a early 2008 mac pro (8x 2.8, 2GB, 8800GT). My footage is 180p Apple ProRes 422 (down from 2k Redcode RAW).

I have a playback projector setup, just because I can, with playback going via Firewire through a DV camera and composite out to the projector. At first everything worked beautifully, but I soon realized that my audio was also going out to the DV deck. So, I happily selected my MP's line out for audio, and now on my playback monitor it only plays a single frame at a time.
    I have selected and deselected every single playback setting there is. Help?

2. -DH macrumors 65816

In FCP, set View->External Video to "All Frames." Be aware though that the audio will now be slightly out of sync with the video by a few frames.

Normal audio monitoring should be routed the same as the video ("Audio Follows Video" in the View menu). You could connect a pair of active nearfield monitors to your DV camera's analog output for true sound reproduction without losing sync.

-DH