Extra Audio Output

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by barhodomri, Nov 20, 2010.

1. barhodomri macrumors newbie

Hi, is there any way i can use my iphone as an extra audio output for my macbook pro?

I was thinking about using a dj app and use my iphone as an extra audio monitor!

I was able to to something using an app called speaker and airfoil. but both are using the wifi network and the latency is bad.

maybe connecting the iphone via usb cable to the mac and use it as a second audio card. Then route the audio form the dj app to that output.

This could lead to another idea i was thinking about. use an iphone app to control the dj app like an external mixer.

Please know that if you do all of this trough wifi it's just full of latency and dj's will not use it. Bluetooth is another option but it's too complicated.

So, any ideas anyone?

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

you could buy djay 3 and they make an app to control it from your iphone. i dont know if this is what you were trying to do.

3. barhodomri thread starter macrumors newbie

let's say your mac sound card died. so you wish to hear music on your mac from your iphone... but you don't have wifi connection at your house.

how do you make it happen?

4. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

no you can't use it as an audio out because that requires your audio card to output the signal

you should look into repairing your laptop or buying a USB sound card instead of being a cheap bastard ;)

5. pixel156 macrumors newbie

You can use an app like Airphone to do it.

It used to work for me and im actualy looking for another app just like this one but compatible with SL 64bits