Extra charge for long flights?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Sep 13, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

Anyone know if there are any options for the new iphone that would give me a little extra battery life without a charger? Im going on a 12 hour plane ride and I dont trust the battery. Anyone had any luck?

2. Linuss macrumors regular

Turn on Airplane mode and the iPod/movies will last you all that time and then some.

3. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Absolutely right. You will be fine with Airplane mode on (maybe to be safe, turn Location Services off). But, you should have waaaay more than enough of battery, even for a 12 hour flight.

Heck, when we drove down to Florida (from Pittsburgh, about 16 hours)...I used my phone as my iPod the entire way for texting, music, and a few phone calls. When we got to Orlando, my battery was at half! The majority of the time the screen was off, and playing music uses hardly any battery.

:)

4. camarobh macrumors 6502

My favorite

I really like this one: http://buy.apc.com/commerce/storefr...name=Universal+Mobile+Device+Batteries(APC_US)

It doesn't attach directly to the iPhone, which means it needs the standard iPod/iPhone USB cable, but I prefer it that way. I am afraid of anything that attaches directly to the iPhone, it may get bumped and damage the connector. This battery will fully charge an empty iPhone twice on one charge.