Extra Cooling for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uMac, Jun 6, 2007.

1. uMac macrumors 6502

I am looking at buying a MBP (15") and I'm reading a lot about cooling issues when running high-load applications.

Is there something (like a cooling fans I've seen for PC Laptops) that can be used to ensure the MBP don't overheat?

Thanks!

2. wako macrumors 65816

a simply search of laptop cooler in google should find you various results and products for what you are looking for.

And Intel spec sheets say that the maximum temperature for their CPUs are 100 degrees centigrade. Most people are just reporting temperature around 80 degrees centigrad when running high load applications, so it isnt OVERheating, people are just complaining it is hot, very hot.

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

My suggestions. Get a fan control program so you can set the fans at what you want when running something intensive. Secondly but a cooling pad, one with fans underneath, or buy one of the elevating stands, to allow for more airflow.

4. keenkreations macrumors regular

I recommend getting smcFan Control. Does a great job of putting the power of fans on your Intel MacBook Pro or Macbook.