extra cosy protection for my macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ashjamben, Jan 26, 2008.

1. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

so i've got a macbook and have an incase neoprene sleeve for it. i take my laptop out and about with me quite alot, usually with a messenger bag i have, but it's really starting to hurt my shoulder :(

anyway, i've bought a new bag, a jansport beamer, that has a laptop sleeve built in. so i figured it'll be alot safer in the neoprene sleeve aswell as being in the laptop sleeve in the bag. but, could anyone recommend any more protection? i've thought about maybe finding a larger neoprene sleeve for my current neoprene sleeve to go into, just for extra cushion, but i'm not even sure it'll need it.

any advice please fire away :)

thanks

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I would say you don't need any more than that unless you're really super-paranoid about it for some reason. The laptop holder and the neoprene should be more than enough.

3. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I agree with this statement. There are Speck cases but those take away from the looks of the laptop and also add some weight. No matter what you do the case will get some wear and tear, just be careful with it. Common sense of course!

4. BioChron macrumors regular

BioChron

Just the single Incase sleeve should be enough, unless you are going to throw it around.

5. MacDude415 macrumors member

MacDude415

I really doubt you need more protection, just be careful how you handle your backpack and you shouldn't have a problem. I may be wrong but from what I have seen those messenger bags seem to have less protection then a backpack does.

6. mavherzog macrumors 6502

7. ashjamben thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the replies.

i think i'm gonna wait for the jansport backpack to arrive and see how it feels. i just think when having a full day at college going in and out of lessons all the time, and being on a bus pretty much everyday, i want the best protection against knocks.

if i feel i want more protection, i thought about maybe getting a 14" neoprene sleeve. that should fit the 13" sleeve into it and offer even more protection. but like i said, and you said, i might not even need it and it might not even fit inside the computer sleeve in the backpack (it's meant to take a 15" laptop but two neoprene sleeves is gonna be pretty thick!)

thanks