Extra fees upon sign up?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by blairbeckwith, Sep 24, 2008.

1. blairbeckwith macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I know Mobile Me is advertised as $99/year. I don't have a credit card to sign up with, but I have a $100 master Card Gift Card which is what I used to sign up for the trial, so it is an accepted form of payment. The problem is... are there any extra fees on top of the $99? because my card only has $100 on it, I have very little wiggle room. Thanks!

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Here is what I did. I signed up for the trial like you did. I tested it out to be sure I liked everything. I did. I went to ebay and looked at the prices. I got lucky and found it for $40 shipped. I bought it and then I can put the activation code it came with when my trial ends. I got lucky to get it for $40 (cheap even for ebay--very reputable seller and got it quick). You can always pick it up on ebay for $50-65 all the time. I would do that if I were you.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

or its $69 on amazon if ebay doesn't pan out.

5. cwalex18 Guest

Nope, after you pay the start-up cost, it gets you in for a year (no extra fees until you have to renew in a year).

6. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

No extra charge. Just be careful about that renewal.

7. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

but apple took 1.95$ when i signed up for trial yesterday why?

8. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

I'm guessing Matercard took some sort of service fee?

9. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

They charged me double that amount for my "free" trial...
    I guess it doesn't matter because I was going to buy a year anyways so <$4 for two months is a pretty good deal.

10. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

That's just a pre-auth, it will drop off your statement in a couple weeks.

11. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

It will drop off in about 4 days the also do that when i buy anything from them. dont worry.

12. reubs macrumors 68000

Not necessarily. If this is a pre-paid giftcard, that could have been fees associated with the transaction. Check to see who charged it: Apple or MC...

13. earld43 macrumors newbie

I am thinking about doing exactly what you did. So when you buy the MM from ebay and type in activation code, apple will not charge you the $99 going forward after trial period?

14. aristobrat macrumors G4

Not unless you authorize them to bill you $99 next year to renew your subscription.

15. earld43 macrumors newbie

I thought when you give them credit card number in order to start trial they auto bill you the $99 after two months. Also, if you do buy the MM app from third party like ebay, do you re-purchase another one with new activation code after a year. I apologize, im just very new to this.

16. aristobrat macrumors G4

I ran it by the MobileMe online chat folks.
    Try running it by them yourself:
    http://www.apple.com/support/mobileme/

(Click on a topic on the bottom left of the screen, and you should see an option to chat with them) :)

17. highertechnology macrumors 6502