Extra in store reservation.. Give to family?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by p1ally, Sep 16, 2015.

1. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

In anticipation of a total **** show from t-mobile, I reserved a 64GB Rosegold 6+ in my local Apple store. It looks like my direct t-mobile order may be ok- and I may have an extra reservation. Before I just let the reservation go, will Apple allow me to let a friend or family member use the reservation without me present?

2. OceanMindedBoy macrumors regular

OceanMindedBoy

No, you will have to be present and proof you are who signed up for the appointment. They clearly state it in the email you received once you make the reservation. Once you proof your identity they can serve your friend or family member.

3. p1ally thread starter macrumors regular

p1ally

I'm fairly certain they mean you'll need two forms of identity to do anything on your carrier account.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

On the order form, there was a section to fill in where you can direct someone else to pick up your phone. ID still had to provided, i.e., you tell them John Smith was going to pick it up, then the person picking it up had to be John Smith.

I don't know if you can alter that now after the fact, i.e., update the info to allow another member to pick up the phone. btw, I believe they're only picking yup the phone, you're credit card will still be charged. There's no ability to transfer the reservation to another buyer.