Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TC2COOL

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Mississippi
So, I got my brand new MacBook this morning. It is awesome. I am happy. It is a huge upgrade from the old G4 iBook.

I now seem to have two copies of iWork. Any guesses? One is in a folder labeled iWork '08 the other are loose applications in the Applications folder. Now the weird part is that I have Pages and Keynote on the dock, but when I open a document in the finder, a new icon pops up on the dock... What the heck? Which do I delete? How do I delete an app?

And so, what else needs doing? Brand new MacBook... What do ya'll think needs to be included as "necessary software" for a new Leopard user.

Thanks

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
So, I got my brand new MacBook this morning. It is awesome. I am happy. It is a huge upgrade from the old G4 iBook.

I now seem to have two copies of iWork. Any guesses? One is in a folder labeled iWork '08 the other are loose applications in the Applications folder. Now the weird part is that I have Pages and Keynote on the dock, but when I open a document in the finder, a new icon pops up on the dock... What the heck? Which do I delete? How do I delete an app?

And so, what else needs doing? Brand new MacBook... What do ya'll think needs to be included as "necessary software" for a new Leopard user.

Thanks

Well you uninstall just by dragging to the trash, if I were you i would say try to figure out which is the newer one, then just trashing the old one.

JC7

TC2COOL

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Mississippi
Yeah, that's what I figured... but it was good to hear my thoughts reciprocated by someone who knows more about what they're talking about.

Thanks...

So... I also seemed to have deleted my downloads stack. How do I get it back?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.