Extra long car charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JrFreak, Mar 23, 2010.

1. JrFreak macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

My 2yo likes to watch his Elmo videos on my iphone while we are driving, but the charger cable isn't long enough to reach the back seats. Does any place sell a 6+ ft car charger for a 3GS?

Thanks,

2. budfoot macrumors regular

budfoot

The official Apple Answer:

The iPhone was not built around your life. Your life should conform to the iPhone. Buy a new car with a charger in the back seat :D

3. Cartoonkid macrumors 6502

Cartoonkid

4. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Invade dual wall charger. It is a wall charger and a car charger in one. Very long That is the main reason for purchasing it. 5' in length I've uses mine for a year now. My best purchase for this phone. Directly unplug it from the wall then take it to the car. Here is the link below. I bought mine at best buy down the street from my house

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Incase+...lack/8782016.p?skuId=8782016&id=1205365063978

5. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

6. mstrze macrumors 68000

JrFreak. Have you checked the back seat area? Most cars do have a power adaptor back there. It's usually located in the column between the two front seats, facing rearward. It's a remnant from the days when everyone and their mother smoked. If you have an ashtray in that location, the socket may be inside it.

7. JrFreak thread starter macrumors 6502a

JrFreak

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, what kind of car you got?

9. thep33t macrumors regular

I assume the kind with wheels...

Most cars still do not have USB hooks-ups, infact, very few do. Of those that do, a large portion are useless for charging anything and only are used for talking with the onboard POS computer.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know about the USB plugs but with no cig adapters either?

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have the Incase House/Car Charger Combo. Its a 5ft cable.

12. mstrze macrumors 68000

Read his post again...he's not saying he doesn't have a cig adaptor. Just that he doesn't have USB.

"No. Cig charger... No USB ports in my car. "

Translation: No, not that model, it's a USB charger and my car doesn't have USB ports. I need one that works with the cigarette charger.

OP: I still say before you spend 5-10 bucks, just have a look in your backseat area. If you car was built within the last 5 years, it may very well have a back seat power outlet. My wife's KIA even has an extra one within the centrral console between the seats...under the armrest thing. Some SUVs/Minivans have 4 or 5 scattered throughout the car.