Extra screen next to current Thunderbolt Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ptk, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ptk macrumors newbie

My current MacBook Pro is coupled with a Thunderbolt Display 27" which I use daily. I am in thoughts of expanding my screen output with yet another 27" screen and use it next to the Thunderbolt Display, and I am not interested in buying another TD. What screens would be compatible with my current MacBook Pro and the current Thunderbolt Display? What settings should I look for? The MacBook has two display ports - and I have just assumed it would be capable of using both simultaneously- but is it really?

Thank you for all input and ideas.

(Current MB is: MacBook Pro Retina, 13-inch, beginning of 2015 with 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16GB RAM and 1TB SSID)

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I would choose display port over HDMI, but you shouldn't have a problem adding a second screen with that MBP.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

That is a quite powerful machine. You'll have no issues. You can even add a 4K monitor in addition to the TD.
    Just note that nothing else than Thunderbolt-equipped monitors will daisy-chain off the Apple Thunderbolt Display.

Any screen at all will work (bar 5K ones). Dell UltraSharp U2715H is a good option if you're not looking for 4K.