Extra "Trash" Folder driving me insane!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bug67, Aug 6, 2008.

1. bug67 macrumors regular

bug67

Here's the deal. I want to use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email application. The problem is is seems to be creating an extra "Trash" folder on my MobileMe web app and OS X Mail and on my iPhone. I need to have just one "Trash" folder for all applications. If I delete the extra folder and never launch Thunderbird, the extra folder remains gone. However, as soon as I launch T-bird, the folder reappears on my iPhone, on MobileMe and in Mail.

How can I make it where I just have one "Trash" folder forever and always? See pics below:

Thunderbird (The way I would like ALL mail apps to appear)

[​IMG]

Apple Mail and MobileMe (Note extra "Trash" folder)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Same thing on Mail with gmail.

I recommend just blocking it out.

3. bug67 thread starter macrumors regular

bug67

The problem with "just blocking it out" (I did try that :p ) is when I am on my windoze machine using Thunderbird and I delete mail, it goes into the created folder instead of the real trash-can like it's supposed to.:rolleyes:

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

oh

Now that's an annoying problem. Hmmm...have you remapped all of you mailboxes like that? Sent, Drafts, Junk/Spam, Trash?

5. bug67 thread starter macrumors regular

bug67

Not sure what you mean. Select the "Trash" icon in mail>Select "Mailbox" in Menu>Select "Rebuild"? I did that. Didn't seem to have any effect. Did it in Thunderbird as well to no effect.

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

7. bug67 thread starter macrumors regular

bug67

Thank you for trying to help. Unfortunately, none of the solutions provided in the above link worked. They caused T-bird to create another "Trash" folder. This time, however, I was unable to just delete the extra folder. Attempting to do so would lock up T-bird with a sbbod. I had to completely uninstall T-bird and start over.