extra typing symbols?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jcafaro10, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jcafaro10 macrumors member

I can't seem to find the ~ key or various other keys for that matter that I may want to type into an address bar. Is there a special setting or something or do I just not get to visit those websites?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I never noticed that before. It seems as though your best bet is to store those websites in your bookmarks on your computer they will then be accessable from your iPod. I would definately put it is as some feedback to Apple.

TEG

3. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

In the QWERTY layout, press the @123 button then the up arrow on the keyboard. You should d now see the ~ symbol.

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Great find!

5. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Yeah they hid them very deeply...also keep in mind the extra stress markers (supersegmentals) are available by holding down the alphabetical key that corresponds to it. So to get ñ, hold the n button for a few seconds.

6. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I don't know about your keyboard but on mine I press the [.?123] button and then the [#+=] button.

It's covered in the Features Guide, page 19 http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPod_touch_Features_Guide.pdf

7. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

When you're not entering text into the address bar of Safari, that would be the way to get the ~ symbol.

8. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

You're right. I was thinking of straight text entry such as in Notes.